Are you looking for a new Property Manager?
If you’re unhappy with your current Property Manager, for whatever reason, the process of changing over to a new Property Manager is actually quite simple!
The first step is to terminate the agreement with your current Property Manager. To do this, you have to give 30 days’ notice in writing to your current agent. The notice can simply be an email stating that you’re changing to a new manager, just make sure you specify the exact changeover date. After this, there is a document that you’ll need to sign. Once signed, a copy of these documents should be sent to your new Property Manager’s office.
It is a good idea to CC the new Property Manager into any email correspondence with your existing Property Manager, as the new manager can then handle the ongoing interactions around the crossover with the previous agents, which is very helpful. The new Property Manager will then prepare the new documentation and notify tenants of the change.
If you are not the property owner, you will also need to exchange our details with the owner so we can have them sign our Form 6 and answer any questions they have around fees etc.
You should think about using Property Managers such as our agents at Red & Co. It’s important the people looking after your property are experienced and provide a great service.
At Red & Co, our Property Managers:
- Own property so we know what it’s like owning investment properties.
- Have been in Property Management for over 15 years, so you will always deal with the same property managers.
- Have a deep understanding of the local market, through years of experience.
- Provide 3 open houses per week.
- Have a large network of quality local tradesmen.
- Make themselves available to owners 24 hours a day and 7 days a week via mobile phone.
- Have effective systems in place for working with builders to ensure any defects are attended to in a timely manner.
If you are unhappy with your current property manager and would like a second opinion on your investment property, get in touch with a Red & Co Property Manager on 1300 88 73 28 or send us an email here.